Our Company, and The Services We Provide
THG PUBLISHING PRIVATE LIMITED is a Private Incorporated Company registered at Registrar of Companies, Tamil Nadu. Popularly known as The Hindu Group of Publications or, simply, The Hindu Group, the Company is one of the most reputed news publishing houses in India.
The Company began with a single weekly publication—The Hindu—in 1878, which later became a daily newspaper in 1889. Ever since, The Hindu Group’s reliable and balanced presentation of the news, independent editorial stand and sound editorial values of “fairness and justice” have been well received.
Today, the Company has a slew of print and digital publications that have won the serious attention and sincere regard of a loyal readership.
The major publications of the Company include:
- The Hindu English – News Daily (11 editions available in Print, Web/App and e-Paper formats)
- The Hindu Tamil – News Daily (8 editions available in Print)
- The Hindu Tamil Magazines (periodicals)
- Chitirai Malar
- Navarathri Malar
- Aadi Malar
- Diwali Malar
- The Hindu BusinessLine - Business Daily (available in Print, Web and e-Paper formats)
- Sportstar - Fortnightly Sports magazine (available in Print and Web formats)
- Frontline - Fortnightly magazine (available in Print and Web formats)
- Annual Reviews
- Survey of Indian Industry
- Survey of Indian Agriculture
- Survey of the Environment
The Hindu Group also produces e-Books, podcasts, videos and other multimedia communications in addition to the aforementioned publications.
The Information We Collect
Information that you provide on our digital platforms
While registering and/or subscribing to the content on our website (some may be optional):
- Email ID
- Mobile Number
- Preferences (for example based on topic, author and cities)
While commenting on an article:
- Email ID
Information that we collect as you use our services
- Device Attributes: Information such as the operating system, hardware and software versions, browser types
- Device Operations: Information about operations performed on the device, such as mouse clicks, article scrolls, browser actions
- Identifiers: Unique identifiers, Device IDs, other identifiers
- Network and Connections: Information such as time zone, geographic location, IP address
- Cookie Data: Data from cookies stored on your device, including cookie IDs and settings
Information that we collect about your preferences
When you navigate on our website, we carry out profiling to collect your preferences related to:
Information from partners
When you subscribe to our services through a third-party website we have partnered with, we may collect information that you provide about yourself on that website.
While subscribing, other readers can mention you as a referrer and provide your name and telephone number.
How We Collect and Use Your Information
We collect your personal information (and other information we collect from you) to:
- Provide services through our website(s) and app(s)
- Enhance your experience while using our services
- Personalise content and advertisements you see
- Communicate with you: We use information that we collect, such as your email address, to interact with you directly. For example, we might send you reminders when your subscription is about to expire or inform you when we have an offer that may be of interest to you.
We share some of the information you provide us with:
- Demand-side providers for targeted advertisement using third-party cookies (Refer: Information collected by partners)
- Third-party agencies for analytics
FAQs on Cookies We Use
(To Collect Your Information)
- What are cookies?
A cookie is a small piece of information sent from websites you visit (including The Hindu Group websites) to your computer to help identify you quickly. Cookies are not used to identify individuals personally and no personal information is stored in relation to the cookies.
- What are site functionality cookies?
- What are third-party cookies?
We use third-party advertising companies to display advertising when you visit our websites. Cookies are used in the software that displays these advertisements, known as third-party cookies. These cookies may be used to help display more relevant advertisements to you.
These companies may use information (not including your name or email address) about your visits to this and other sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
Third-party cookies may include behavioural targeting cookies. These are also intended to help display more relevant advertisements to you by using information about other sites you may have visited previously.
Third-party cookies also include those from our data analytics providers. These allow us to analyse the use of our sites and do not identify users individually.
- How can you manage your cookies?
We use a Consent Management Platform that helps you with managing your preferences with Cookies used on our websites. You can access this platform with this link:Cookie consent manager
Managing Your Personal Data Stored with Us
Within the scope of services that we offer and ones which you have subscribed to, you have choices to manage, review and update your information.
a. You have the right to request us for copies of your personal data that is with us. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
b. You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
c. You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
d. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
e. You have the right to object to us processing your personal data, under certain conditions.
You can write to firstname.lastname@example.org with any of the above requests and we will respond within 30 days.
Security of Data You Share With Us
We implement appropriate security mechanisms that continuously protect your information from unauthorised access and disclosure. We limit access (to personal information) to those who need it in order to process it.
Changes to This Policy
You can write to email@example.com if you require any clarifications regarding this policy.